The Yale University Poorvu Center for Teaching and Learning currently seeks a project leader in communications, teamwork, flexibility, and time management. Leverage skills in project management, technology, instructional design, and problem-solving. Become an important, trusted person in a cohesive team that enjoys working together towards a common goal.
The Project Manager will provide leadership and direction for delegated activities within digital education; i.e ad hoc residential digital projects, MOOCs, online non-degree programs, and online degree programs:
- Oversee all aspects of the project, regardless of the platform or credential.
- Provide stellar relationship management with professional schools, Yale College, and other interested groups to generate interest in leveraging their program as a part of their Digital Education strategy.
- Engage in meetings and discussions for discovery, planning, production, distribution, and post-launch phases of program activity.
- Maintain relationships with faculty offering the program/courses; provide timely updates about their course’s performance or holding events to provide overall program updates in coordination with local school leadership. Support faculty and their coordinators in their efforts to create the program, including: TF hiring, budgeting, creative ideas, operations, promotion, marketing, outreach, assessment, and evaluation.
- Assist in training for all platforms, leverage technology platforms to launch programs, and execute an implementation plan.
- Develop and edit online material with faculty partners and the Digital Education team.
- Troubleshoot any issues regarding the above-mentioned items.
- Manage internal timelines and budgets for all courses during the production phase.
Marketing and Communications:
In collaboration with Yale University communications colleagues and Poorvu Center staff, promote the launch and continued success of Yale courses and programs. Create a communications plan to actively promote programs through our digital communications platforms (i.e., articles on the Poorvu Center news feed about different aspects of our work; consistently scheduled posts on Facebook, Twitter, etc.).
Work with Poorvu Assessment and local school assessment staff to identify different methods for measuring success in a course or program. Utilize tools (ex. A/B testing capabilities) and analytics information to understand if we’ve met success metrics per the program leads; iterate accordingly.
Poorvu Center Initiatives:
Support other educational technology teams at the Poorvu Center as needed; this includes the team supporting Canvas, Zoom, and other third-party technologies. Support ad hoc Poorvu Center initiatives as required, including but not limited to Faculty Bulldog Days, Rosenkranz and Goldsmith award winners, and other duties as assigned.
- Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least three years of related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Required Skill/Ability
- Project management and leadership skills.
- Marketing and communications skills.
- Ability to utilize tools and analytics.
- Oversee projects, planning and production of programs.
- Ability with leveraging technology platforms, developing and editing online material.
- Acts as a project leader for Instructional Technology projects.
- Provides consultation and makes recommendations for allocation of resources, product selection, and priorities.
- Delivers technical expertise and provides recommendation in researching, evaluating and implementing new instructional technologies.
- Provides high-level service for existing instructional technologies and projects, as well as high-end support for all instructional technology systems and other multimedia activities.
- Manages operating systems, applications, web services, and content on the department’s servers.
- Maintains in depth knowledge of existing and emerging instructional technologies.
- Develops and reports on metrics that measure usage, reliability and client satisfaction for all technology services provided.
- Manages relationships with internal and external clients, outside vendors, consultants and peer institutions.
- Maintains highest possible degree of service and responsiveness in complex, multi-vendor, multiplatform environment.
- Consults with faculty to assess instructional technology needs. Develops and implements solutions to meet those needs.
- Provides training on the usage of instructional technologies, and other software and hardware.
- Manages assigned project tasks to ensure timely and high quality outcomes. Provides regular status reports on assigned projects.
- Supervises temporary and student workers.
- May perform others duties as assigned.
Find out more
Apply online using the Yale University careers portal. This job was posted on December 16, 2020. Job requisition number: 63604BR. Please address cover letters to Sara Epperson, Director of Digital Education, Yale Poorvu Center. Yale University’s Poorvu Center is currently working remote, but will return to in-person work at 301 York Street, New Haven, CT 06511 by the Fall 2021 semester.