The Yale Poorvu Center for Teaching and Learning seeks a Web Access and Editing Intern to assist the Faculty Teaching Initiatives team with the development of web resources for faculty. These resources include a series of web pages that will provide faculty with examples and resources for effective syllabus design, among other teaching supports. This is a great opportunity for a student to provide perspective on materials to support teaching at Yale and to learn more about higher education teaching and learning literature, while simultaneously gaining experience in developing effective and accessible web resources. This work will be virtual, and there is a lot of time flexibility, although meetings will be within the 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. ET timeframe.
- 100% remote / online
- 10 hours per week
- $13.75 per hour
- Yale Student Employment Office: Level Three Student Worker
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to make progress on many projects at once.
- Team player able to collaborate with Poorvu staff and other campus groups.
- Proficient in MS Office suite and/or Google Docs.
- Preferred: interest in education, proficiency with Drupal CMS.
The Web Access and Editing Intern will:
- Update current webpages to ensure they are accurate and accessible.
- Provide input on new web content in collaboration with FTI staff.
- Research and organize recent higher education teaching literature and resources on various topics to inform website content.
Find out more
To apply, current Yale students should go to https://www.yalestudentjobs.org/jobX_findajob.aspx, click “Advanced Search” and enter “Poorvu” as the keyword to find the “Web Access and Editing” Poorvu Center position. The position opened on May 6, 2021 and will remain open until filled.