GWL Dissertation Writing Series
Location Name and Address
This workshop is a two-part series designed for doctoral students who have advanced to All But Dissertation stage (ABD) and have started writing their dissertation. The workshop will help you learn about the dissertation process, discuss how to be more productive at the initial stage of your writing, and allow you to share your experience with your peers. During Part 1 of the series, we will address the effective practices for pacing your dissertation writing and doing it in a timely manner. Part 2 will help you overcome some common writing blocks and achieve balance in your writing process and your personal life. During each session, we will discuss your dissertation progress and set goals for the next week.
PLEASE NOTE: We expect that the participants attend all sessions in the part that they register for.
Part 1: Pacing Your Dissertation Writing (Tuesdays, Oct 1st, 8th, 22nd, 29th)
- - How to Write a Lot
- - Time Management and Dissertation Planning
- - Avoiding Distractions and Dealing with Procrastination
- - Productive Work with Dissertation Advisors and Committee
Part 2: Achieving Balance in Your Dissertation Writing (Tuesdays, Nov 5th, 12th, 19th)
- - Addressing Imposter Stress
- - Beating Perfectionism and Demoralization
- - Balancing Dissertation and Personal Life