A podcast (online audio recording) can help you communicate ideas, interviews and other content in an effective, readily accessible way. Podcasts are easy to record and can be downloaded to a mobile device such as smartphone or computer for convenient access any time.
- Easily reach a broad audience
- Embed a podcast in a website to enhance user experience
How to Get Support
The CTL has a Recording Studio fitted with the equipment for podcast, interviews, etc. It is available for faculty and students who would like to use it for Yale class or class-related activities.
Request for the Recording Studio can be made by emailing email@example.com with your preferred times.
CTL staff can help you get started with podcasting hardware and software, and work with you to develop specific ideas that a podcast can execute effectively.
Podcasting Equipment in the Recording Studio
- Microphone: Yeti Blue USB Microphone which helps create impeccable, studio-quality recordings with intuitive and easy steps. The four different pattern modes provide flexibility to record a bevy of diverse recordings like podcast, interviews, audio for videos, vocals, etc.
- Studio Acoustics: Soundproofing acoustic foam is built in the side walls. It reduces echoes and background noise by absorbing the reverberations sound can make by bouncing off the walls.
- Mac Mini Computer with Audacity software for editing.