The Poorvu Center provides pedagogical expertise and support for faculty preparing grant proposals that include an educational, assessment/evaluation, or instructional technology component. Our experienced staff consult with faculty on evaluation plans for outreach programs, newly designed courses or educational programs, training grants, educational research, and other educational initiatives.
What we need from you
- As much advance notice as possible (a month or more is best)
- A draft of relevant parts of your proposal
- A description of the kind of help you would like from the Poorvu Center
- Whether you intend to request funds for evaluation
- Relevant dates (e.g. internal and external submission deadlines)
- Other practical information, relevant to the request
What to expect from the Poorvu Center
- A prompt response to your initial request
- Consultation regarding educational program design
- Help developing evaluation plans
- Knowledge of relevant research that supports your proposal
More extensive support, such as development of data collection instruments, management of data collection, quantitative or qualitative data analysis, and help with the IRB process, as well as the use of other Poorvu Center resources, may be possible. Support of this nature typically involves funding some Poorvu Center staff time through the grant. We will address each request on a case-by-case basis.