The Academic Strategies program provides information, workshops, and individual and small group mentoring to Yale College students on the skills and strategies central to becoming active, empowered learners at Yale. Academic Strategies Mentors are peer academic coaches who help their fellow students develop and adapt strong strategies for use in their day-to-day college lives.
Mentors lead workshops, meet 1-1 and in small groups with peers, and develop programming to support students’ well-being and satisfaction in their academic work. Mentors should be able to exhibit friendliness and provide support to their peers.
Responsibilities of Academic Strategies Mentors include:
· Completing paid training in peer academic support methods.
· Co-leading workshops in key academic strategies, including time management, working with faculty, managing heavy reading loads, and exam study strategies.
· Meeting 1-1 and in small groups with peers to help them identify and practice strategies to make their academic work more efficient and effective.
· Advertising Academic Strategies Program events through social media, flyers, etc.
· Attending paid staff meetings and developing program content.
Find out more
We are currently not accepting any new applicants to fill this position.
For future inquires, please contact Karin Gosselink: email@example.com