Dissertation Writing as Practice Series Part 2
Location of Event:
This series provides you with key strategies for managing the long-game of the dissertation process. We will explore effective practices for pacing your dissertation writing while helping you overcome key common writing blocks and achieve balance in your writing and personal life. During each session, we will engage with a relevant theme, discuss your writing practice and progress, and complete short reflective exercises through the dedicated DWAP course Canvas site. New to this series, we will also host a weekly optional-but encouraging-Friday online Write-In for participants of this series facilitated by an experienced GWL Fellow where you can set your session goals, write together, and get the most out of your Friday writing time. Registered participants are encouraged to attend all six sessions.
The session themes are:
1. Time Management and Dissertation Planning (Oct 31).
2. Crafting a Holistic Dissertation Writing Practice (Nov 7).
3. Working through Distractions and Procrastination (Nov 14).
4. Writing through Imposter Stress [All-GSAS student workshop] (Nov 28).
5. Hanging up on Perfectionism and Demoralization (Dec 5).
6. Assessing Process & Progress + Long-View Spring Semester Planning (Dec 12).
Intended Audience:This workshop series is designed for doctoral students across all disciplines who have advanced to All But Dissertation stage (ABD) and have started writing their dissertation.