Teaching @ Yale Day (T@YD)
Join us for Teaching at Yale Day, an event to orient graduate students and professional school students who are new to teaching at Yale.
- Learn how to establish equitable learning environments;
- Gain insight into the student and faculty perspectives on graduate teaching and the role of the teaching fellow;
- Received an introduction to the many teaching resources available at Yale;
- Discover how you engage students online.
This program is a requirement for all GSAS first-time teaching fellows (TFs) and new part-time acting instructors (PTAIs), with the exception of language part-time acting instructors. If you are teaching a language course (or are a Fullbright Language Teaching Assistant), you should instead participate in the Center for Language Study Pedagogy Workshop which is specifically designed for language instructors. Professional school students are encouraged to join us.
Fall 2023 Teaching at Yale Day has been scheduled for August 28th, 2023, and it will include some required in-person events held on that day. During the week of August 21st, we’ll also host “Engaging Students,” a required, synchronous, 90-minute workshop held over Zoom. A full schedule will be released later in the summer. In the meantime, if you’d like to know what to expect, you can review the schedule from Spring 2023 Teaching at Yale Day below, which contains links to last year’s events and resources.
Spring 2023 Teaching at Yale Day events
Spring 2023 Teaching at Yale Day will consist of 3 parts:
- Engaging Students: A synchronous workshop on Zoom. Participants should register for one of the three sessions, which will be held on January 10th, 11th, and 12th. These sessions will not be recorded.
- In-person Equitable Teaching Panel and Small Group Discussions
- These sessions will be held in person on January 13th, from 1 to 4 pm.
- The panel will be held from 1 to 2:15 pm in Humanities Quadrangle L02.
- This will be followed by a small group discussion with other new teachers from 2:30 to 4 pm to help you get your semester off to the right start. Room assignments for the small groups will be distributed at the panel.
- Register here!
- Teaching resources videos: You will view four short recordings about Yale resources.
- Available through our checklist.
To Find Out More
Teaching at Yale Day Contacts:
Stephanie Ranks, Instructional Consultant
Gina Marie Hurley, Assistant Director of Graduate and Postdoctoral Teaching Development
Past Events in this Series
|T@YD: *In-Person* Equitable Teaching Panel and Small Group Discussions (1/13)||Humanities Quandrangle, L 02||Friday, January 13, 2023 - 1:00pm to 4:00pm|
|T@YD: Engaging Students (1/12)||Online via Zoom||Thursday, January 12, 2023 - 10:00am to 12:00pm|
|T@YD: Engaging Students (1/11)||Online via Zoom||Wednesday, January 11, 2023 - 1:00pm to 3:00pm|
|T@YD: Engaging Students (1/10)||Online via Zoom||Tuesday, January 10, 2023 - 1:00pm to 3:00pm|
|Spring 2022 Teaching at Yale Day||Online via Zoom||Monday, January 10, 2022 - 1:00pm to Tuesday, January 18, 2022 - 1:00pm|
|Engaging Students Online||Friday, August 28, 2020 - 10:00am to 12:00pm|
|T@YD: Small-group Discussion||Thursday, August 27, 2020 - 11:00am to 1:00pm|
|Inclusive Teaching Faculty and Staff Panel||Thursday, August 27, 2020 - 10:00am to 11:00am|
|Engaging Students Online||Wednesday, August 26, 2020 - 10:00am to 12:00pm|
|Engaging Students Online||Tuesday, August 25, 2020 - 10:00am to 12:00pm|
- 1 of 2
- previous events ›