Teaching @ Yale Day (T@YD)
Join us for Teaching at Yale Day, an event to orient graduate students, professional school students, and postdoctoral instructors who are new to teaching at Yale.
- Learn how to establish inclusive learning environments;
- Gain insight into the student and faculty perspectives on graduate teaching and the role of the teaching fellow;
- Received an introduction to the many teaching resources available at Yale;
- Discover how you engage students online.
This event is required for all first-time GSAS Teaching Fellows and Part-time Acting Instructors.
Fall 2022 Teaching at Yale Day events
Teaching at Yale Day will consist of four parts:
- Engaging Students: Synchronous Zoom workshop will take place on August 22, 23 and 24, from 2:00-4:00 p.m. EST. [Register for ONE of these repeated sessions. These are not recorded.]
- Getting Started with Teaching: In-person small group discussion on August 29. 9:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Inclusive teaching panel: Asynchronous. View a recording of this panel.
- Teaching resources videos: Asynchronous. View short recordings about Yale resources.
To Find Out More
Past Events in this Series
|Spring 2022 Teaching at Yale Day||Online via Zoom||Monday, January 10, 2022 - 1:00pm to Tuesday, January 18, 2022 - 1:00pm|
|Engaging Students Online||Friday, August 28, 2020 - 10:00am to 12:00pm|
|T@YD: Small-group Discussion||Thursday, August 27, 2020 - 11:00am to 1:00pm|
|Inclusive Teaching Faculty and Staff Panel||Thursday, August 27, 2020 - 10:00am to 11:00am|
|Engaging Students Online||Wednesday, August 26, 2020 - 10:00am to 12:00pm|
|Engaging Students Online||Tuesday, August 25, 2020 - 10:00am to 12:00pm|
|Engaging Students Online||Friday, August 21, 2020 - 10:00am to 12:00pm|
|Engaging Students Online||Wednesday, August 19, 2020 - 2:00pm to 4:00pm|
|Engaging Students Online||Monday, August 17, 2020 - 10:00am to 12:00pm|
|Fall 2019 Teaching at Yale Day (Sciences)||Fall 2019 Teaching at Yale Day (Sciences)||Monday, August 26, 2019 - 2:00pm to 6:30pm|
- 1 of 2
- previous events ›