Residential College Math/Science Tutors
Thanksgiving Break: No tutoring Sun Nov 22nd through Sat Nov 28th 2020
***Note changes in tutor availability alongside tutor names**
Office & Schedule: https://yale.zoom.us/j/8957449507
On Mon, 8:00 PM-9:00 PM
On Wed 8:00 PM-9.00 PM
Subjects: MCDB, Chem, Physics 170
Office & Schedule: https://yale.zoom.us/j/7405796832
On Thu 7:00-8:30 PM
Office & Schedule: https://yale.zoom.us/j/8436239071
On Tue: 8-9:30 PM
Subjects: PHYSICS, MATH, ASTRONOMY Engineering
Office & Schedule: https://yale.zoom.us/j/9301569205
On Sun 7.00-8:30 PM
Subjects: BIO 101,102,103,104, MCDB, MBB, CHEMISTRY
Office & Schedule: https://yale.zoom.us/j/3617671863
On Wed 7.00 PM-8:30 PM
Subjects: CALCULUS, LINEAR ALGEBRA, MATH, ASTRONOMY, PHYSICS
Office & Schedule: https://yale.zoom.us/j/7995048431
On Wed 7:00 PM -8:30 PM
Subjects: GEN CHEM, ORG CHEM
Sorosh Amiri ** not available Sun Sept 06 2020 **
Office & Schedule: https://yale.zoom.us/j/5906027293
On Sun 7.00PM -8 :30 PM
Subjects: CALCULUS, MATH, BENG, PHYSICS
Office & Schedule: https://yale.zoom.us/j/2800639832
On Thu 7.00 PM to 8:30 PM
About the Program
Residential College Mathematics and Science Tutors only work with Yale College Undergraduates.
- Get help when you are struggling with a concept
- Assess how deeply you comprehend the material
- Talk to the tutors about research opportunities
- Talk to the tutors about graduate school or careers in their field of study
When should I visit the Residential College Math & Science Tutors?
- Early! Get to know the various tutors before you feel like you really need help.
- When you are struggling with a concept.
- When you are trying to assess how deeply you comprehend the material.
- When you feel stuck on problem-solving.
- To talk to the tutors about research opportunities. To talk to the tutors about graduate school or careers in their field of study.
How should I use tutoring?
To get the most out of your time with a tutor, prepare ahead for the session. The tutor will ask what you want to work on, so come knowing what you want to accomplish with the tutor. You might come…
- To work through a question on a problem set
- To review for a test
- To talk through a concept you covered in lecture, lab, or reading
- To organize class material and create study tools
Take advantage of the academic resources available to you at Yale by dropping-in to a tutoring session at any residential college where tutors have been scheduled - no appointment is needed. Tutoring is available in Biology, Chemistry, Economics, Engineering, Geology & Geophysics, Mathematics, MB&B, Physics, and Statistics. Tutors may be able to help in areas outside their immediate specialization.
For updates on tutoring schedules send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the word “subscribe” in the subject line. Notifications will be sent out to keep you informed about changes.
To be removed from our list, please send an email with the word “unsubscribe” in the subject line.