The Poorvu Center offers semester-long faculty learning communities to support teaching in the remote context and the transition back to in-person teaching. These timely and topical learning communities convene every 2-3 weeks throughout the semester to reflect on teaching practices and to share effective strategies and resources. For those participating in the Faculty Teaching Academy for new faculty, attending 5 out of 6 sessions fulfills the learning community component.
Fall 2021 Learning Communities:
We are offering two learning communities for Yale faculty during the Fall 2021 semester on Zoom:
- Navigating the Transition Back to In-Person Teaching (Tuesdays 3:30-4:30PM: Sept 14, Sept 28, Oct 12, Oct 26, Nov 9, Nov 30) - Registration form closed. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if interested in joining.
- Teaching Science and Labs (Thursdays 10-11AM: Sept 9, Sept 30, Oct 14, Oct 28, Nov 18, Dec 2) - Registration form closed. Please email email@example.com if interested in joining.
Spring 2021 Learning Communities:
We offered the following learning communities for Yale faculty during the Spring 2021 semester:
- General Remote Teaching Strategies (Mondays 11 a.m.-12 p.m. OR Tuesdays 1-2 p.m.)
- Teaching Large Lectures (Mondays 4-5 p.m.)
- Teaching Science and Labs (Thursdays 9-10 a.m.)
Spring 2021 learning communities began in February 2021 and met every other week through late April. Learning community sessions were held via Zoom.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or for additional information.