The Recording Studio is fitted with equipment for audio and video recording. It is only available for faculty and students who would like to use it for Yale class-related activities.
A Poorvu Center staff member will be available to demonstrate how to use the technology in the room before the first class session or class assignment.
- Microphone: Up to four Audio-Technica AT2035 cardioid condenser microphones allow for studio quality multi-channel recordings for podcasts, interviews, audio for video, etc. A Yeti Blue USB microphone is available for easy connection to a computer for high quality quick recordings as well.
- Video Camera: Black Magic 4K camera is ideal for professional video recordings. It is on a tripod with adjustable height.
- Professional Lighting: Three ceiling mounted professional studio lights provide ideal light for diverse studio recordings with easy setup.
- Studio Acoustics: Soundproofing acoustic foam is built in the side walls. It reduces echoes and background noise by absorbing the reverberations sound can make by bouncing off the walls.
- Professional Backgrounds for video recording.
- Studio Computer with Presonus Studio One, a fully featured digital audio workstation (DAW), as well as Audacity allows for a wide array of audio recording and editing options for users of all skill levels.
- Capture Device: Extron SMP 352 allows a user to capture both camera video and a secondary source (laptop, secondary camera, etc.), as well as audio from a lavalier microphone, to a USB drive to easily record presentations.
Request for the Recording Studio can be made by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your preferred times.
- We encourage faculty to use this space for trying out and getting comfortable with incorporating new technology in their pedagogy.
- Podcasts for course assignments
- Audio/Video interviews
- Recording of video lecture/presentation
- Desktop Capture