GWL Programs for Law School Students
If you have any questions regarding any programs for Law School students, you can contact Patricia Trainor.
What we offer:
1. Individual Consultations
These consultations can help you with your writing projects, including:
- Crafting objective legal writing and analysis
- Building and supporting an argument
- Organizing your written work for clarity and impact
- Strengthening your structure for various genres of legal writing
- Working on English grammar and communication skills
We are ready to help you at any stage of the writing process from brainstorming ideas to outlining to the final draft!
To schedule a session, check the information about how Individual Consultations work:
- Use the WCOnline scheduling system to book up to two 30-min consultations per week.
- Create your account to have access to the WCOnline scheduler.
- On the log-in schedule page, choose the schedule “Individual Consultations Spring 2019”
- Select a session with Patricia Trainor.
2. Written and Oral Communication Workshops
Written and Oral Communication Workshops are offered every week throughout the semester. These workshops cover the themes of the writing process, various genres of academic and professional writing, writing style, fellowship and grant writing, writing for publication, strategies for oral communication, and public writing.
Workshops for Law Students
Workshops specifically designed for law students will be announced throughout the academic year. However, law students may be interested in other GWL Fall programs. For a full, updated list of the workshops, check the GWL calendar.
3. Public Speaking Studio
Use GWL Public Speaking Studio to practice your oral presentations, pitches, and speeches. For more information about the Public Speaking Studio and PitchVantage software, check this link.
4. Peer-Review Groups
If you work on a long written project, such as your qualifying paper, an article, or a book, we can help you go through the process with support and accountability of a small group of other students who work on their long projects. Check the information about GWL Peer-Review Groups.
Who we are:
Patricia Trainor, JD, Graduate Writing Specialist
Patricia has a diverse legal background including experience writing for courts, attorneys, clients, and the general public. She has also taught legal research and writing to law school students. View Patricia’s bio.