Lecture Capture gives the teachers ability to record their lectures or presentations for viewing via Canvas or through any web browser.
Typical recordings include video of the presenter, a screen capture, and audio all played back simultaneously. Lecture capture can be a one time event, or scheduled on a reoccurring basis with content automatically delivered.
Lecture Capture can be configured automatically in rooms with installed hardware, utilizing a classroom PC, or a personal laptop. Contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org to find the best option available to you.
Benefit of lecture capture include the ability for students to:
- After attending in person lectures, review the recording on-demand as a study aid.
- Engage more in class, as detailed note taking can be performed when viewing lecture recordings.
- Stop, start and rewind difficult parts of a lecture, allowing them time to review subject matter.
Benefits for faculty include:
- Ability to review their own lecture recordings to help identify areas of improvement.
- Viewing metrics of video engagement to understand student viewing trends.
How to Get Support
To begin, please email email@example.com and a Poorvu staff member will respond.